After spending many years in communications, journalism and public relations, I’ve discovered there’s great satisfaction in bringing about order from communications chaos, and delivering words that will be heard.
- Former magazine and newspaper editor
- Former senior editor at a fast-paced communications agency
- Seasoned writer for Web sites, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, reports, radio scripts, press releases and more
- Highly skilled project manager who pays stringent attention to detail throughout the production process, from story concept to fact-checking, proofreading, checking blues and colour keys, or Web pages before a site launch
- Superior editorial vision, with a commitment to completing projects on deadline and within budget
- Expertise in Aboriginal and northern Canadian issues, natural resource development, small business management, Government of Canada procurement policies
- Knowledge of the Government of Canada's Communications Policy, Standard on Web Accessibility, Standard on Web Usability, Standard on Web Interoperability, Guideline for External Use of Web 2.0 and The Canadian Style guide
Examples of Products
- Trade and Investment Series 2013, Library of Parliament, June-August 2014 (editor)
- The Independent Reviewer’s Handbook, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, March–December 2009 (editor)
- Departmental Performance Review (DPR) Overview 2008–2009, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (plain language editor)
- CanLearn website, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, August 2007–January 2008 (writer, contracted by WebDrive Canada Inc.)
- Industrial Technologies Office website, Industry Canada, March 2006 (writer, contracted by WebDrive Canada Inc.)
- Tukimut 2006 economic development newsletter, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, November 2005–January 2006 (writer and photo researcher)
- The Nunavut Handbook, 1998 and 1999 editions(managing editor, contracted by Nortext Multimedia Inc.)
For other project examples, see Samples.
- Industry Canada
- Health Canada
- Library of Parliament
- Natural Resources Canada
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Justice Canada
- Beverly and Qamanirjuaq Caribou Management Board
- WebDrive Canada
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Ayaya Marketing and Communications
- The Ottawa Citizen
Registered supplier in the Government of Canada's Supplier Information database and the ProServices mandatory supply arrangement (Category 10.10, Technical Writer - Level 3, Senior and Category 10.11, Communications Consultant - Level 3, Senior).
Currently hold a standing offer for English writing services with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (standing offer #201301208). Previously held standing offers with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, the Library of Parliament, Industry Canada and the Privy Council Office.
Also part of QMR Consulting & Professional Staffing's standing offer for communication services to the City of Ottawa.
Certified Copy Editor and Certified Proofreader (certified by the Editors’ Association of Canada)
Member of the Editors' Association of Canada, former public relations chair for its National Capital Region branch, and co-communications coordinator for the association's national EAC Conference 2012
Member of the Professional Writers Association of Canada
“You were WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much for the long hours, the dedication and the great work. The client mentioned how pleased they were with the quality of the writing and the quality of your thinking was really clear in the comments/questions within each document. . . .
And last, but not least, thank you for being so positive throughout the process. Your attitude was invaluable during the high-stress, high-pressure moments before the launch.”
President, WebDrive Canada Inc.